(Race logo design by Robert Lussier)
SUNDAY, MAY 17, 2015 IS THIS WEEKEND!
Thank you to all the run/walkers/canal dashers who have registered or still wish to register for the 2nd Annual LHC North Canal Classic 5k Run/Walk on Sunday, May 17, 2015!
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
SATURDAY Pre-Registration and Bib #/T-Shirt Pick-Up
- Pre-registration and Bib/T-Shirt Pick-Up will be available on Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Lawrence History Center, 6 Essex Street, Lawrence
SUNDAY Race Day Registration
- Registration will begin at 7:45 am in the lobby of the Everett Mill, 15 Union Street, Lawrence.
- Bib number, t-shirts, etc. will be available for pick-up at that time.
- We will be accepting walk-up registrations on race day.
Directions and Parking at the Everett Mills
- Information available at http://www.lawrencehistory.org/northcanalclassic/directions
Race Start Time / Awards and Prize Raffle
- The 5k road race will begin promptly at 9:00 am. The Kid's Canal Dash will go first at 8:50 am, then the runners, and then the walkers. Participants will be called to the staging area near the intersection of Union and Canal Street at least 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Note: the Kid's Dash will be on Canal Street. Canal Street will be closed from the intersection to the Lawrence Heritage State Park to ensure the safety of our Dashers!
- The Award Ceremony and Prize Raffle will take place at the end of the race so don't leave too quickly!
- Volunteers will be at registration, at the Start/Finish line, and along the route to assist you. Please do not hesitate to ask them questions. They are a friendly bunch who want to help make your morning safe and enjoyable. And they are proud of you for participating!
- Signage will be in place along the route to keep you on course!
Water Stations and End of Race Refreshments
- There will be 2 water stations -- one on Lowell Street by the Police Department and one at the Start/Finish line.
- Light refreshments (e.g. bananas, cookies, etc.) will be available at the Finish line for participants.
- Portalets will be available at the Start/Finish Line.
- From 9:00 - 4:00 pm, the facilities at the Lawrence Heritage State Park, 1 Jackson Street, will be also available.
OPEN HOUSE at the Lawrence History Center from 10:30 AM - Noon
- Please join us for an OPEN HOUSE at the Lawrence History Center, 6 Essex Street, Lawrence after the race from 10:30 am to Noon.
- Local author and director of libraries at Northern Essex Community College Mike Hearn will be available to speak about and sign copies of his book, The History of the Essex Company! See below for more information about the book!