New storm window installation day has arrived!

Cleary & Son arrived at the Lawrence History Center this morning to remove existing storms, clean the exterior of our original 1883 windows, and to begin installing 39 new custom red storm windows on our main building at 6 Essex Street, Lawrence, MA.

Our buildings are the former Essex Company headquarters built in 1883 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The project is made possible through funding from the Essex County Community Foundation Lawrence Development Fund, the city of Lawrence CDBG program, and a Partnership Grant from the Essex National Heritage Area.


Tue–Fri: 9am-4pm
Sat: By appt
Sun-Mon: Closed

Address & Phone

6 Essex Street
Lawrence, MA 01840

Social Media


Founded in 1978 as the Immigrant City Archives, the mission of the Lawrence History Center is to collect, preserve, share, and animate the history and heritage of Lawrence and its people.