The following is a general listing of what hold in our collection related to Organizational records. Please contact us at 978-686-9230 or email@example.com for more information.
- Agency Records - Lawrence General Hospital and Nurse’s Training School, YWCA, International Institute, City Mission (later Family Services, Inc), Some on YMCA, Boys’ Club
- Ethnic group records - Ethnic Social Club records, Documents concerning social history of diverse ethnic groups in Lawrence
- Church records - primarily Protestant, (Catholic church records absorbed by other parishes or taken to Archdiocese Archives in Boston)
- Private school documents
- Business Records - A variety of documents and artifacts detailing histories of Lawrence businesses, including some materials from mills
- Family Records - Documents, artifacts donated by families, Family Histories, Newspaper biographies and obituaries, Card index of place and people names, with information on photographs, books, obituaries, etc. in which those places and people are featured
- Labor records - Strikes, particularly 1912, but also 1919, 1922, 1931. Listen to LHC Board Member and State Park Visitor Coordinator, Jim Beauchesne speak about the 1912 Strike on WGBH. http://www.lawrencehistory.org/node/61
- Some records, historical information on mills including a list of contributors to the fund for the building of the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument (actually part of the Essex Company collection).